Panna cotta, a typical summer dessert in Italy always tastes wonderful with ripe red fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, or sweet cherries.
- 6 Gelatin Sheets
- 500 ml Sour Cream
- 100 ml Milk
- 80 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Pure raspberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a bowl and let stand 2 minutes to soften
- Combine the sour cream, milk, sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan and slowly heat stirring continuously
- Once the gelatine is soft, remove from the water, squeeze out excess and add them to thecream mix
- Whisk until the gelatine has dissolved
- Divide the cream into 6 ramekins or little bowls
- Let them set for 2 hours in the fridge
- Puree Raspberries with 1 tbsp of water in a blender until very smooth.
- Than pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on and discarding solids
- Put raspberries and sugar into a pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes
- Remove and let it cool a little.
- To remove from ramkins gently slide a knife around the edge, and invert the ramkin onto a plate. Tap the bottom of ramkin until panna cotta is released.
- Drizzle with the raspberries coulis