What can you do at home on a fall day?
The autumn season has finally begun which means leaves are falling, the chilly weather is starting, and pumpkin decors are in. Fall is actually one of the seasons where you just want to cozy up in your home and bond with the family since the weather is getting a bit cooler. And if you need ideas on some activities to do in your home this fall, then here are some suggestions:
- Movie night. Get a blanket, build an indoor tent, and invite the whole family for a movie night! You can also plan out your meals for the night. It can be you cooking some warm homemade dinner, or ordering pizza and grabbing popcorn and other treats!
- Backyard barbecue. If you need to warm up a bit while spending time with your family members, then doing a backyard barbecue party might just do the trick. You can feel the chilly breeze and keep yourself warm with a bonfire. And what’s more is that you’ll be eating some delicious grilled goodies!
- Leaf gathering. The leaves during fall are one of the most beautiful among the seasons which is why these leaves are used for crafts and decor! You could simply go to your backyard and rake or pick up some leaves with your kids. After that, you can go back inside and do some crafts with it!
- DIY crafts. The fall season is one of the best times to do a series of craft projects since you will have a lot of resources just by going to your backyard! Furthermore, it is also a perfect time for your kids to do and learn some crafts especially that they are back in school. You can do simple drawings and paintings or making a collage with some fallen leaves and branches. You can also make some fall-themed decor (like wreaths, wall hangings, etc.) and ornaments for your home while you’re at it!
How to arrange a fall party
Aside from just staying indoors and having a movie night, Fall is also an excellent time to host a party! Whether it be a casual get-together in your backyard or a big party, here are some tips and ideas on how you can prepare your Fall party.
- Decor your venue. To get into that fall atmosphere, you should decor your home with some fall-themed ornaments such as fall-themed leaves, pumpkins, lantern decorations and more! It is also a good idea to prepare a casual and relaxed seating arrangement so that your guests will cozy up while talking to each other really quickly.
- Prepare a set of activities. One important factor you must consider is to have a set of activities prepared so your guests won’t become bored! Of course, staying on theme with the season is your best move. You can do a pumpkin carving contest, bonfire story-telling, and more!
- Menu. A fall menu should be full of seasonal ingredients that create a cozy, inviting atmosphere. You can include roasted meals, casserole, salads, hot tea, cookies, and more!
Fall party ideas
Summer parties were bright and memorable. However, this does not mean that the fall should be spent in boredom and loneliness. Fall holidays can be incendiary as well. Let’s forget about Halloween and Thanksgiving for a while – we are sure that there are many other occasions to gather friends and family at your table!
Just to make your party an amazing event, we present you some stylish, creative, and mouth-watering ideas for a birthday party, a baby shower, or just any occasion when you and your friends want to have fun. Everything is going to be delicious and exciting!
Idea 1. Budget-Friendly Fall Table Decorations To Create Rustic Fall Tablescape
This is a budget-friendly rustic fall tablescape using thrift store finds and making my own neutral painted pumpkins from the dollar store. These Fall table decorations are perfect for everyday use throughout the autumn season.
Check more details here.
Idea 2. Tea Lights Made of Apples
Candles hidden in apples look very romantic and at the same time bright. You may not use any other decor for the party when arranging the table with them as they will be in the spotlight.
Taken from Little Green Notebook
Idea 3. Leaves & Glitter
Red and yellow foliage inspires with its decaying beauty. We suggest looking at it as a party decor item. A little bit of glitter or metallic paint will turn ordinary maple leaves into the elements of a trendy garland.
Taken from House of Jade Interiors
Idea 4. Pumpkin Fall Signs
We understand that thousands of words have already been said about pumpkins in our blog. But we couldn’t resist that again. And how can you resist when you see these charming white vegetables with elegant copper-metal inscriptions? This is how true fall glamour looks like!
Taken from The Perfect Palette
Idea 5. An Appetizing Chili Bar
Chili bar is one of the most fashionable food options at parties. You can serve the chili separately in a beautiful crockpot and gracefully serve the toppings on a small tray. It is neat, compact and arouses the appetite.
Taken from Kara’s Party Ideas
Idea 6. A Yummy Cheese Board
The question of a beautiful snacks serving is one of the most relevant at parties. However, we are sure that none of your guests will resist such a crazy and colorful abundance that this cheese board offers.
Taken from Olivia’s Cuisine
Idea 7. An Apple & Caramel Bar
If you are not happy with the idea of caramel apples because of the uncomfortable eating and waste (few people manage to finish them up), it is very easy to change your point of view. Use slices instead of whole apples and serve multiple topping options to the surprise and delight of guests from bright and mouth-watering treats.
Taken from Craftberry Bush
Idea 8. A Warming Hot Chocolate Bar
Warming and flavored hot chocolate is perfect, especially if you are planning an outdoor party. Glass jars with marshmallow and other sweet toppings give a charming note to this bar. That is what we highly recommend for cozy family meetings.
Taken from It Happens in a Blink
Idea 9. Personal Party Pies
Looking at this charming, easy, and elegant supply of dessert pies your guests will come in affection. In addition, these pies are very convenient for hide notes with predictions, and none of your friends will turn away from his forecast for the future!
Taken from Kitchn
Idea 10. Chocolate Acorns
And a few more words about the original desserts. The combination of crumbly cookies, delicate filling, and chocolate looks delicious. Do not be surprised if your guests prefer to focus on them at the party, so we recommend to cook more of them!
Taken from Through Her Looking Glass
11. Coastal Fall Decor
I gathered my supplies which were minimal: pumpkins, white paint used as primer, blue color paint to match my theme, paper plate, foam painting brush, thin painting brush, and newspaper.
Check details here.
So, to sum it all up, we need a little bit of glitter, some creativity, and all sorts of autumn goodies to make the party a success. However, perhaps you have your own ideas- so be inspired and get ready to have fun!