Having a snack is not always a guilty pleasure, sometimes your days are so busy that you have no other option but to have a snack on the go. And having a snack does not always mean that you are not eating healthy or ruining your diet.
If you are on a low carb diet, you can eat lots of simple real food snacks that don’t even require any preparation – and keep losing weight. Low carb and high fat snacks, also called Keto snacks, will keep your energy levels great during the entire day, so you can focus on whatever you are trying to achieve in your life.
These foods I listed below have lots of protein and high healthy fat. You should not be afraid of the good fat because it contains lots of Vitamins A, D, E and K (all these vitamins are hard to find outside good fats!).
Best Low Carb Snacks – No Preparation Needed
Check out the best low carb snacks, which you can take with you to work or even pack for a healthy lunch.
- Eggs – get a box of hard-boiled eggs with you to work and keep them in the fridge. When you feel hungry, just eat one of these protein-rich simple foodies – and keep working 🙂
- Avocado – cut in half and sprinkle with salt and pepper, you will have a low carb source of fat, vitamins, and nutrients.
- Nuts – first, you need to understand that not all nuts are low carb (cashews, for example, are not). As a low carb snack, you can pumpkin and sunflower seeds, almonds, macadamias.
- Cheese – little cubes of cheese can give you lots of energy with healthy fat and low carbs (however, you might want to look at some cheeses, not all cheeses are equally low carb).
- Meat leftovers – if you keep ham, salami, or any other meat from the last dinner in the fridge, you can always get a quick bite when you feel hungry but have no time for a proper meal.
- Dark chocolate – yes, you can have it too, even on a low carb diet. Not more than 1-2 squares a day though. Just make sure your chocolate has the highest cacao percentage and the lowest amount of carbs. I know the bitter dark chocolate is not for everyone. Same applies to having espresso without sugar. Here in Portugal, people say if you always have a coffee with sugar, you never really tried what coffee actually tastes like. Well, chocolate is essentially cacao, and that’s what it should taste like. You can gradually reduce the percentage of sugar in the chocolate you buy, and with time you will fall in love with the slightly bitter taste of the real chocolate.
If you are ready to try these low carb snacks, here are my favorite 12 recipes which are so easy to make! I rated the recipes according to my personal preferences, so this top of recipes is entirely subjective.
Sweet Low Carb Snacks On the Go
12. Maple Almond Fudge Fat Bombs
Recipe by Bunsinmyoven
11. White Chocolate Butter Pecan Fat Bombs
Recipe by Tasteaholics
Savory Low Carb Snacks
10. Keto Steak Tacos on Pork Rind Tortillas
Check Keto Snacks Recipe at Heyketomama
9. Low Carb Snack on the Go – Cheese Crackers Recipe
Check the full recipe at isavea2z
8. Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Low Carb Snack
“What makes this dip so guilt-free is the absurd amount of cheese, it basically feels like you’re eating a fat bomb in dip form!”
Check the full Keto Snacks Recipe at Ketoconnect
7. Keto Cheese Meatballs
Check the full recipe at Fatforweightloss
6. Low Carb Zucchini Fritters – Easy DIY Keto snacks
Get the full recipe and nutrition facts at Lowcarbmaven
5. Easy Baked Jalapeno Cheese Crisps (Gluten Free, Low Carb)
Check the recipe at Cottercrunch
4. Steak Bites – Low Carb Snack for Weight Loss!
Check full recipe at Life-in-the-lofthouse.com
3. Keto Bacon & Egg Fat Bombs
Check the recipe and nutritional values at Ketodietapp
2. Keto Paleo Scotch Eggs
Check the full recipe and video at Ditchthecarbs
1. Low Carb Pinwheels with Bacon
Check the recipe at 730sagestreet
If you enjoyed this collection and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Low Carb Recipes board.
Also, you might be interested in checking our collection of the best Ketogenic recipes for every part of the day: